Posted By Admin on November 25, 2013
White cedar shingles for the Canadian home have become more and more popular over the years. This is because the white cedar shingles can increase the value of the home, serve a high level of function, make your home more energy efficient, and increase the overall look and beauty of the home. When installing white cedar shingles, you can have the option of hiring a professional or installing them yourself. The following are some things to consider when you are installing the shingles:
• Look at the weather and be sure not to install any white cedar shingles if rain is possible. Doing so can be unsafe for you and result in a sub-par installation that will prevent you from having the results you desire.
• Be sure to install your shingles from bottom to top.
• Use chalk to add precision to the job and to ensure that the shingles are more properly aligned and placed.
• Be sure that you are using two rust-resistant nails for each shingle.
• The edges of the side and bottom shingles can be trimmed in order to better fit to the structure of your roof.
• Consult a professional if you are having trouble!
Installing cedar shingles can be done via professional or you can do it yourself. Typically, you can get your shingles installed by the same people that you purchase them from. They can guarantee their work and ensure that the job is done well. Once you get your cedar shingles installed, you can begin to enjoy the many benefits that they offer!